email me at that address up there ^ Lets hangout on FACEBOOK! Goodtimes on TWITTER!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

NEW- Interview in ProDesign Magazine!

...it's a pretty nice interview!

thanks for reading x

Cats, wolves, butts and beer… and Lady­hawke… and T-shirts for Haiti. Illus­trator Sarah Lar­nach shares some thoughts on her pro­fes­sion. From ProDesign 106 with addi­tional images.

ProDesign \\ Sarah, how did you get into illus­tra­tion?
Sarah Lar­nach \\ Two years ago I found myself sim­ul­tan­eously mak­ing ‘fan art’ por­traits for a book by Amanda Max­well, and embark­ing on the My Deli­rium Video for Lady­hawke. It didn’t occur to me that these were ‘illus­tra­tion jobs’, per­haps because they were col­lab­or­at­ive, rather than being cli­ent ini­ti­ated. The dir­ect­ors on the ‘My Deli­rium’ video for Lady­hawke had a back­ground in illus­tra­tion, and work­ing with them showed me that there was more to illus­tra­tion than I was aware of. In Lon­don on that pro­ject, it seemed like every­day I was being asked what agency I was with, and what other jobs I had done. Illus­tra­tion wasn’t some­thing I had really thought about, but it reached out and grabbed me by the throat....


READ MORE AND SEE THE WHOLE FEATURE AT PRODESIGN ONLINE

No comments:

Post a Comment